Sheer laziness has prevented me from updating this blog on a more frequent basis, so I shall attempt to summarise the last two months into a list of achievements and non-achievements:
Successes in the last two months
- Negotiated my first ever payrise after only 4 weeks into a new job
- Picked up an 8-month old baby of my own volition without heart palpitations
- Played in my touch football team’s (the Touchy Feelys) only win of the competition so far
- Reunited with my long lost mate, Al, who I met on exchange in Sacramento
- Attended Reading Festival for the first time and managed to survive without suffocating in the pit toilets
Failings in the last two months
- Having my Highly Skilled Migrant visa application and subsequent appeal rejected on the basis of failing the English-speaking requirement
- Dated several guys, none of whom particularly floated my boat
- Was completely unable to get into any semblance of routine for taekwondo or salsa dancing.
Well, it seems as though the successes outweigh the failures so that’s something to celebrate.