I would normally rather eat salad* than watch rom-coms such as the new movie, He’s Just Not That Into You, but considering that I’m in my late 20s and still single, I thought that it could be a semi-educational offering as well as being a mindless time waster.
In the end, it did turn out to be a fairly predictable popcorn movie with a conveniently happily-ever-after ending that was torturously unsatisfying. It did drill into you that if he isn’t calling you, then he’s just not interested, so don’t bother deluding yourself with any fantasies of hot dates and affection.
Still, the movie didn’t answer the questions that I have about blokes:
- Why are they so inept at communicating their feelings? He may think that this is because he’s “complex” but really, EVERY bloody bloke is incapable of expressing their feelings. We’re not mind readers (see this post for an earlier related rant).
- So if a guy does call you and seems interested, how do you know if he’s actually wanting something serious as opposed to just sex?
- Why does every bloke that I meet bring up the subject of ex-girlfriends within two dates? Is it because he wants to show that he is capable of sustaining a relationship, or is he just really not over her?
Maybe they need to make a new movie called What Men Are Really Thinking…but I guess noone has been able to actually determine that yet.
* Those who know me know that you don’t win friends with salad…it’s an accompaniment people!
* Image courtesy of stock.xchng