Has it really been almost 5 months since my travels ceased and I was plunged back into routine London life?? Back to the familiarity of the local language, being able to throw toilet paper into the toilet, and more dining variety than beans and rice. However, it was also back to paying a day’s travel budget for a bottle of beer, customer service without a smile, and being packed onto the London Underground like sardines.
What has happened since I’ve been back?
- Managed to snag a job back at Expedia for a few months
- Saw Muse rock out Wembley Stadium (quite possibly the best concert ever!) and Pendulum at the Wembley Arena
- Bathing was forgone for a few days while I indulged my inner hippie at Glastonbury festival
- Drove a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Ferrari 360 Spider around a race track, which was quite a scary and unnerving experience
- Met Merv Hughes outside Moet & Chandon champagne house in Epernay – he is big bloke
- Met Heston Blumenthal after an extravagant lunch at the Fat Duck
- Didn’t see much from the top of Mt Snowdon in Wales through the rain and fog
- Saw some great comedy shows at the Edinburgh Fringe
- Enjoyed the music and colours of the Notting Hill Carnival.
I am currently a lady of leisure while I look for a new job, the lifestyle of which involves sleeping in, sightseeing around the free sights of London, and baking cupcakes!